Thursday, January 1, 2015

Best of Beauty 2014!

Hey lovelies! No matter if your sad or excited about 2015, 2014 is coming to a close. Personally, I'm ready for the new year. I grew so much and can't wait to take new chances this year! To celebrate the end of 2014 Liv and I want to share with yall our favorite beauty products of 2014. Hope you enjoy!


Olivia's Top Products of 2014:

Skincare:
My top skincare product is my Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer. I have used this for the better half of 2014, and love it! It's light enough that it won't make my face oily, but moisturizing enough so I don't have dry skin! Will use this into 2015 for sure.

Face:
My favorite face product for the last 2 ish years has been the Rimmel London Stay Matte powder in 004 Sandstorm. I recommend this product to anyone looking for a light pressed powder that lasts. Sometimes, this is the only thing I put on my face! Thanks, Rimmel London.


I also love the Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller. I love this concealer for eyes and my slight rosacea. I stole this from my mom, and haven't given it back! Great product.

Eyes:
I use my bareMinerals Big & Bright eyeliner in Charbronze for a perfect, natural eyeliner. It also comes with a little sponge on the end to blend the eyeliner. I think this is a must!

Lips:
I love my Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Elusive! It goes great with my natural lip color, and lasts for a while! I almost always use it over a clear balm, or else it can dry out my lips. Bonus: great minty smell!

Nails:
My nails and I have a love-hate relationship. I love the way they look all pretty and painted, but can never seem to find  the time to do them! In the later part of 2014, I liked my nails a dark color. So here's my go-to black: Sally Hansen Xtreme wear nail color in Black Out. I've had this color for some time and not sure if the current Sally Hansen black is under the same name or not! 



Bonus!
A couple extra favorites from 2014...

Candy:
Mini Reeses. Have always loved these suckers but couldn't get enough this year. Nom nom!

Book:
Oh Lord. Where do I start. Y'all don't even know how many books I've read this year. I don't even know. Hundreds. I just get going and can't stop! But a favorite? The "A Voice in the Wind" trilogy by Francine Rivers. Holy cow. That's all I have to say. Also Redeeming Love by Rivers as well. Boy can this woman write! 

App:
Pinterest, y'all! I'm SO close to 11k pins.  Follow @emandlivsblog on there! Maybe one day I'll tell y'all my personal Pinterest. For now, it's my little secret......

Love you guys! May this blog prosper and do great things in 2015! Cheers!
xoxo, Liv






Emily's Top Products 2014:



Skincare: 

I struck gold this year in the skincare department! I have 3 favorites; the Olay active hydrating cream, Purity face wash by Philosophy, and The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating toner. The Olay moisturizer is perfect for my skin because it keeps it hydrated without making it oilier. I purchased it about 5 this year. That's how much I like it. The Purity face wash is perfect at just cleaning your face. It gets rid of all the excess dirt and makeup. I love the Vitamin E Toner because it doesn't feel like your putting chemicals on your face. It just feels like its being cleaned.




Face:

My favorite face product this year was Benefit's Hoola Bronzer. One of my favorite things about my makeup routine is contouring and this product is perfect for it! It looks the best with my skin tone and blends very easily allowing you to achieve a natural or dramatic look.


Eyes: 

This year all I used as far as eyeshadow goes is the Stila in the Light pallete. My two favorite shades are Kitten and Bliss. I wear this combination pretty much everyday to school. As a base I use the NYX shadow base because it completes conceals any darkness or redness I may have. Now lastly is my ALL time holy grail mascara is the Maybelline Lots of Lashes. I prefer more voluminous lashes and this gets the job done perfectly.



Nails:

This year I discovered the best base and top coat duo. The Orly Bonder base coat and Essie Good To Go top coat is awesome.  I can paint my nails on a Sunday and won't have to paint them again until the following Sunday with minim chipping. 


Lips:

If I'm wearing anything on my lips you can best bet that its either Covergirl Smoochies in Sweet Tweet or Revlon Balm Stain in Honey Douce. The Covergirl one is a my lips but better light balm and the Revlon one is a nice berry color. 


Extras!

Fashion: 

I wore my white converse a TON this year. Dresses, skirts, shorts, jeans; every season. They're my go to shoes.


TV Shows:

Hands down this year my favorite TV show was Pretty Little Liars. I am literally obsessed with it. Ask anyone that knows me. 


I hope you guys had a wonderful 2014 but are even more excited for 2015! I know I am. I have a feeling that great things will happen!

xoxo, Em

3 comments: