Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Gift Guide: DIY/Last Minute Gifts


Hi there! I hope this post finds you full of Christmas cheer and exitment for Christmas! First off, I want to say I'm so sorry for not posting recently! I've been so so sooooo busy with school and getting ready to go out of town, it's crazy. 

But I'm here! And ready to give Yall the best Christmas Gift Guide you ever saw!

Are you the type of person who waits until the last minute to buy gifts? Me too. So this year, I tried to step up my game a little bit. In the beginning of December, I was at a dollar store with my mom, when I came across these adorable little mugs! 


So what do you do when you find precious Christmas mugs for $1? You buy them. No questions asked. BUY THEM. 
Anyways...
So I went ahead and bought these cute mugs, with the perfect gift in mind! And that's how this marvelous idea formed...

So here's a three-step process to creating the perfect not-so-last-minute last minute gift. (With a pinch of DIY for all you crafties out there ☺️) 

Step 1: start looking early. 
-look everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. Who would've thought Dollar Tree would have the cutest mugs to ever exist on the Earth? (If you can't tell by now, I have a slight mug obsession) 
Step 2: if you see it, buy it.
- Don't wait, or come back, no. Get it when you see it, and BAM. Half of your Christmas shopping is done! And it's only December 6th. Go you. 
Step 3: Always include candy. Always. 
-you can never have to much! This is also a great way to make each gift unique to your family and friends. 

Now now, i haven't forgotten about you last minute-ers. So it's December 22 and you're leaving tomorrow for North Dakota with only half your gifts? Fear not. This simple idea (as pictured above) takes 10 minutes to put together. Here we go. 

1. Head to your local grocery and grab some mini candies and hot chocolate! 


If you don't have enough time to go to a dollar store and find mugs like I did, there are some alternatives to a mug! Little baskets are always super cute and festive as well! These you can find almost anywhere selling Christmas items. OR, maybe it's time to clean out your Christmas mug collection we all know exists. Yes, I'm talking to you.



2. Put these mugs/baskets/buckets to good use! 



Start filling them with goodies! I suggest candy, hot chocolate, and a little something else. For my girlfriends, I added a cute bubble bath or lotion! Got a guy, you could add sunglasses or just some cold hard cash. That's universal, by the way. 
  
3. Don't be afraid to make it cute! 




I used some of this crinkly paper for decoration, and wrapped it in cellophane and tied it with a bow! If you want to hid your gift a little better, a gift bag is the wisest choice. 

I hope Yall liked my little gift idea! It's super easy as long as you are willing to go get a few items. And it's totally worth it. So go, go right now! Dollar Tree is waiting for you! 



MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
xoxo, Liv



No comments:

Post a Comment